Free Hit Tracker and Free Web Site Stats by WebSTAT Blogroll Me!

Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission

Click Here Christian Recovery: The Devil

The Truth about recovery

Thursday, December 15, 2005

|

The Devil






The best interview about possession and exorcism I have ever heard was Art Bells 1996-5 hour conversation with Jesuit Exorcist Malachai Martin. Although Art Bell dealt with many subjects and was not credible in lots of ways, his interview of Dr. Malachai Martin was magnificient. And frankly its one all Christains and aspiring Christians should listen to. I havent called but I think it can probably still be purchased. Here is a link:


Link




Letter from a Catholic Exorcist

The following letter was sent to me by the Late Father Malachai Maritn shortly before his death. Dr. Martin was an advisor to several Popes. The letter speaks for itself. Sooner or later we are going to have to face up to facts that we are dealing with Demonic forces. Is it any wonder that drug treatment programs are ineffective when they dont even know what we are dealing with?

Ephesians 6:12 (King James Version)12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.Here is the complete letter sent to me in 1997 by Father Malachai Martin.

*********************************************************************************Dear Ted:

Thank you for your most kind letter of December 24th. Im glad you were able to listen to me on the Art Bell program. Please forgive my delay in replying. But since the publication of my novel, Windswept House, I have been kept busy with TV and radio shows. As a result, my volume o fmail has considerably increased.Yes, as I mentioned on Art Bell, possession can occur as a result of drug or alcohol addiction. It opens a doorway into the soul. The will becomes extremely weak due to its desire for a drink or drug. This weakness and compulsion for addictive chemicals allows evil spirits an avenue by which they may enter a person. This process may begin subtly,even gradually. As the disease of alcoholism and addiction progresses so too does the evil spirit strengthen its foothold in the unfortunate’s soul. If you suspect your girlfriend is plagued by demonic forces, I always tell Catholics they must first contact the Bishop of their diocese and thus have him investigate the case. Authority must at all times be followed. This is mandatory in cases of exorcism and I adhere to these principles myself. If you cannot find a bishop to cooperate then I suggest your girlfriend say the prayer of St.Micheal the Archangel. It is a very powerful prayer. Also, have her invoke the most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ in times of trial and temptation. The Son of God died for her—he died for you and me—He will never fail her.In the meantime, know that I shall keep the two of in my Daily Masses and prayers. I ask that you pray for me as well as I once again take up the pen to continue work on my upcoming boo. And please, be at peace. Our God is merciful God of Love. He will look after you.God Bless you Always,Malachai B. Martin

**********************************************************************************
Saint Micheal Prayer

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in our day of battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, thrust into Hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

************************************************************************************
Not to long ago, I e-mailed a copy of this letter to Mel B. Mel B. is an AA with over 50 years of sobriety. He is also the author of several AA books including " My search for Bill W". Mels response to this letter was the following:

Hi Ted,Thank you for your email and for sharing the letter from Father Martin. I see that Malachi is a different Father Martin than the popular one that speaks around AA and has the Ashley program in Maryland.I like this letter and will keep it to share with one of my priest friends in the program who is also quite a Catholic scholar. There is no doubt that a practicing alcoholic seems to be under the grip of the Devil. As Bill Wilson wrote, if there is a Devil, he sure had me. And Carl Jung, in his 1961 letter to Bill, even thought the Devil was an apt description of the demonic force that holds us.My priest friend says that an appeal to St. Anthony will help us find lost items. I am not a Catholic, so I simply say, "Come on, Tony, get with it and help me find this stuff!"All the best,Mel BargerMel B. has a website at:

www.walkindryplaces.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 February 2008 March 2008 October 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 November 2010 January 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 September 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 October 2013 September 2014 Subscribe with Bloglines Substance Abuse - Substance Abuse Counseling, Treatment, Organizations and Resources, Support Groups