Free Hit Tracker and Free Web Site Stats by WebSTAT Blogroll Me!

Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission

Click Here Christian Recovery: Does AA endorse Homosexuality?

The Truth about recovery

Monday, November 22, 2004

|

Does AA endorse Homosexuality?

Apparently, there are some arguing that AA does not endorse homosexuality. Well, it does,albeit subtly. Let me present some of the facts to you.



First of all, AA has a tradition. Tradition 10 which states:



No A.A. group or member should ever, in such a way as to implicate AA., express any opinion on outside controversial issues- particularly those of politics, alcohol, or sectarian religion. The Alcoholics Anonymous groups oppose no one. Concerning such matters they can express no views whatever.



************************************************************************************

If AA lived up to the above tradition, I would have no need to speak out about the matter but they dont. Let me preface my remarks by saying I dont hate homosexuals as I have falsely been accused of. I wish them the best and hope they find repentance of their sin.



As far as AA is concerned, consider the following evidence:



Go to the AA website: www.alcoholics-anonymous.org . Click on the link About A.A.. Then click on the link,"Do you think your different". At the bottom of the page are various links to AA pamphlets which are sometimes seen at meetings. Two of them are relevant:



My name is Padric (gay)



My name is Mary (lesbian)



As you can see being gay or lesbian is equated with being old, black, native american, and Jewish. As you can see from reading the stories they clearly give the idea that AA is accepting of homosexuality, and so it is. At least on the west coast, meeting pamphlets denote meetings that are men only, women, or gay. What is that but promoting homosexuality as a viable life style? Personally, I only went to one Gay AA meeting (by mistake) and I can assure I heard no talk of it being a character defect that needed removing. That is not to say that all AA's agree with it, many dont.





Years ago I attended a round-up in Grants Pass, Oregon. The AA organizers of the event had set aside a certain segment of the round-up for gay meetings. Then, as now, I was outraged. At one of the podium participation meetings I stood up and said it wasnt right for the organizers to do that, that they were endorsing homosexuality. The room was full of at least 100 hundred people; I could see half the heads in the room nodding in agreement.





Read again the words of Padric from the AA website:





"I'm also glad I feel this special A.A. closeness to many straight people, something I never would have thought possible. In fact, for years I stayed sober and so held on to jobs by going to meetings of A.A. groups that were mostly straight. In A.A. today, I know sober leather fans, transvestites, and members of every other sexual group there is. But the only important thing here is that we are all human beings, all alcoholics, and all in A.A. together."





Does not that sound like acceptance of all kinds of perversion? Of course it does. Just to widen my paint brush a little I would say the sister program of Narcotics Anonymous has the same problem. This statement is said in the readings before almost every meeting:





Anyone may join us regardless of age, race, sexual identity, creed, religion or lack of religion.



So both programs are tolerant of and accepting of homosexuality. Rarely, if ever, will you hear it spoken against. Rarely, if ever, will you hear it called a character defect which needs to be removed.



It is accurate to say that both programs are tolerant and accepting of homosexuality. And that their official literature promotes that acceptance and tolerance. Anyone that tells you different is

not being honest.



©2004 Christianrecovery.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anon said...

I rest my case. The above response to my post is indicative of the kind of pro-homosexual agenda that is rampant within AA

10:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 February 2008 March 2008 October 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 November 2010 January 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 September 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 October 2013 September 2014 Subscribe with Bloglines Substance Abuse - Substance Abuse Counseling, Treatment, Organizations and Resources, Support Groups